5/30/2006

Questions from the Weekend

My friend Nicki made the trip to DC from Miami this weekend so that we could enjoy some time together, continue our quest to prematurely destroy our livers and compete to see who could make a bigger fool of themselves in front of a large group of people (fortunately, this competition never came to fruition, as we were relatively calm for the majority of the weekend). But, as always, our adventures have left me with some questions that I would like to pose to all of you:

1)Is this humidity here for good? Seriously? I am already melting and its not even June!

2)If a bartender gives you a shot of Makers Mark - even a watered down version - are you required to take said shot? If you don't take it, are you rude? And if you do take it - hypothetically, of course - are you still allowed to proclaim your hatred of all alcohol that is brown?

3)I'm rather concerned about my picture-taking abilities. They are on a steady decline. Granted, this could be b/c I tend to take most of my pictures when I've had 3 + vodka drinks and am having trouble staying up on my wedge heels, but the skills are on a decline nonetheless. So, even if these pictures are of questionable (and even poor, in some instances) quality and may potentially embarrass my friends, should I still post them on Ofoto for all to see?

4)Should I abandon my "say no to nothing" plan, since I haven't come in to work on a Monday (or Tuesday in the case of this week) without puffy eyes, severe dehydration and haze settled over my brain functions in the past 4 weeks?

5)Why are girls so bitchy? We're in our mid-to-late-twenties. One would think we would have figured out by now that its more to our advantage to be nice, even if its fake. So who are these girls who continue to be mean, spiteful, and overly immature/crazy? Please note: The girl I am referring to is not even cute.

6)If there is a dance-off taking place in front of you, ala Britney and Justin circa 2004, is it acceptable to take a photo of it?

7)If a guy asks you to go to Cairo with him, do you give him your number simply b/c his pickup line was one of the best you've heard in a long while?

8)Why do I always go to Sephora and spend at least $50.00 more than my absolute maximum spending limit? Do I really need my 734th eyeshadow and ANOTHER makeup brush? I think yes, but if someone could validate, that would be great.

9)Seriously - is the humidity here to stay???

10)When a man tries to get you to go swimming with him in the National Monument Reflecting Pool, how long do you continue to be polite before running as fast as you can to escape?? (Note to parents: This DID NOT happen to me).

11)Who are these people that wear the sweatbands around their wrists? To the bar? Trust me, I understand that its hot. But you are in an air conditioned bar at 11 o'clock at night. Its not humid. Its not hot. And you look like an idiot. And stop talking to me and my friends. We don't like you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home