7/20/2006

Is This The Apocalypse?

If so, I'm heading to the air conditioned bar.

But seriously. I was going to try and resist posting about the humidity b/c I am guessing you're all pretty tired of hearing about it. But this is too much. This is 4 straight days with no break (and I'm sure its been even longer, but I was in CA from last Wed - Mon, so I got a brief reprieve). I can barely breathe. I've sweated out any hydration I had in my body. My hair is in a permanent fro of nastiness. I almost cry when I step out of my house every morning. You can only take so many days of this before it starts to make you crazy.

And the metro. Does anyone else feel like when its super hot and you're standing in the petri dish of sweat that is the metro station and just REALLY want to get on the air conditioned train, they come 9 minutes apart? Hello?? WMATA? Its rush hour and we're dying. Hurry the f*ck up! And of course, the longer you wait for a train, the more people congregate on the platform, making it even warmer and even more difficult to get a seat/room to stand on the train when it actually does arrive. And if you are one of the lucky ones who gets to stand, you are inevitably pressed up against the smelly person who decided he/she needed to smoke a pack of Camel Unfiltered cigarettes on the walk to the metro.

I know that all of this weather can probably be attributed to global warming in some way, but what if it is a sign of the coming of the apocalypse? Do you think Millie and Al's will pump up the AC and let all us anti-christs squat there with their fresh kegs of Bud Light? It might be the only way I will survive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home